Summertime treats means ice pops in our family. After a few hours of swimming in the lake and splashing about, my little ones are ready for an ice-cold snack. These Blood Orange, Yogurt & Granola Popsicle® inspired treats are just the ticket!
I am always worried about the sugar content in store bought brands and want to stay clear of food dyes, preservatives and artificial flavours, so I love making my own using organic ingredients and an all natural approach. Plus, the process is super easy using the Onyx Ice Pop Mold Set, sold here at Petal & Post. I love that the mold set isn't made out of plastic as it is understood that chemicals in plastic leach out into food under extreme temperatures such as freezing (and high heat). Anything stainless steel is my preference.
Blood Orange, Yogurt & Granola Ice Pops
Makes 6 Ice Pops
1 tsp granola of your choice
1 organic blood orange
2 cups organic french vanilla yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbs maple syrup (or honey)
1. Add a teaspoon of granola into each mold so it settles into the tip of each cavity.
2. In a mixing bowl, add in the yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and maple syrup. Stir to incorporate.
3. Scoop the yogurt into the 6 ice pop forms or into whatever ice pop mold you prefer. Double the recipe if needed. Try to keep the yogurt mixture evenly distributed.
4. Cut fresh Blood Oranges into thin slices and gently cut off the peel. Cut each in half and place a half-slice into each ice pop mold immersing it into the yogurt mixture - suspended.
5. Place the ice pop mold sticks and tops into place. Freeze overnight until set.
6. Run warm water on the outside of the individual mold for about 10 seconds (it will release easily). Pull ice pop out and serve.
What is your favourite ice pop recipe to create in the summer?